Female student on swing
Community Resources » Community Resources

Community Resources

Accessing community behavioral health care that is a "good fit" for your student/family is dependent on a number of factors including, but not limited to, types of insurance accepted by the provider, availability, location, cultural fit and language. If at any point you would like support navigating the community system, district Mental Health Care Coordinators are available to help. For more information, see the Mental Health Care Coordination tab on the left.
If you or someone else is in immediate danger of harming oneself or someone else- call 911.
The 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline connects callers to trained crisis counselors in their area who can offer support and resources. If you or a loved one are struggling with thoughts of suicide or another mental health crisis, please give them a call.
Call or text 988, or chat online at www.988lifeline.org/chat
If you or someone you care about is in a behavioral health crisis, call the Washington County Crisis Line. The Crisis Line is answered 24/7 and can contact the Crisis Team. The Crisis Team staff can see individuals at the Hawthorn Walk-In Center to provide crisis intervention as well as brief follow-up services.
Washington County's behavioral health urgent care center. 
5240 NW Elam Young Parkway, Suite 100
Hillsboro OR
(503) 291-9111
The Behavioral Health Support Line is a service for callers in Oregon that provides immediate emotional support, schedules free short-term counseling services, and makes referrals to mental health and substance use recovery providers for ongoing care. Callers do not need to be in crisis to contact this line.
1-800-923-HELP (4357)
A service led and staffed by people with lived experiences of racism. The support line offers support to those who are feeling the emotional impacts of racist violence and microaggressions, as well as the emotional impact of immigration struggles and other cross-cultural issues. 
(503) 575 -3764
The Alcohol and Drug Helpline assists those struggling with substance abuse and can provide referrals to local resources for peer support and treatment. 
1-800-923-4357 or text "Recovery Now" to 839863 (Texting available Monday-Friday 2-6 pm)
YouthLine is a teen-to-teen helpline which answers calls, texts, and chats from anyone 21 or under. Trained teen volunteers are available to help between 4pm and 10pm. Calls are answered by adults all other hours. No problem is too big or too small!
1-877-968-8491 or text "teen2teen" to 839863 (Texting available every day 4-10 pm)
Washington County Behavioral Health Focus
The Washington County Behavioral Health Focus is a detailed guide of Community Resources in Washington County. This version of the guide was released in 2021.