Student Transportation 2021-2022
The District and Mid Columbia Bus are committed to maintaining a safe and sanitized environment for our students and drivers. Please note, you and your student will see the following changes on their bus this year.
- Maintain appropriate social distancing at bus stops
- Wear a face mask while riding the bus at all times (K-12)
- The CDC issued a mandatory rule requiring the wearing of masks by all people on public transportation and applies to school busses. This is a federal government requirement and cannot be waived by state or local authorities.
- Disposable face masks will be available for those that do not have one
- Apply hand sanitizer upon arrival
- Wear appropriate warm clothes as windows and vents will be open for ventilation.
- Apply Hand Sanitizer between helping students and when getting on the busEnsure all students have a face mask and apply hand sanitizer
- Wear a face mask or shield at all times when kids are present or on school grounds.
- Ensure windows and vents are open to the greatest extent possible to maximize airflow and ventilation.
Loading and unloading:
- Students will be required to sit in assigned seat for duration of route
- Buses will be loaded from the back to the front and unloaded front to back
- Any student showing symptoms of COVID-19
- Will sit in the front right seat of the bus
- Unloaded first at arrival
- The school will be notified
- Multiple windows will be open for increased ventilation
Cleaning and Sanitation:
- All buses will be disinfected nightly
- Drivers will disinfect frequent touchpoints on the bus in between daily routes
- In the event of a student showing signs of COVID the seat and surrounding areas will be sanitized once students depart the bus.
We thank you in advance for your patience as we implement these new procedures.
Please note some routes may run late to ensure all protocols are being followed.