Housing Insecurity/Foster Care
Who is eligible?
Students who lack a fixed, regular, adequate nighttime residence, including students who live:
- With another family due to loss of housing or economic hardship
- In a family or youth shelter
- In a motel or vehicle
- In a location that lacks heat or plumbing
What school can I attend?
Students who qualify for McKinney-Vento may have the option to attend:
- The school you last attended when you had permanent housing;
- The last school you attended;
- The neighborhood school where you are temporarily living.
Federal and State Resources