How to Transfer Your Student
Transfers are required for students to attend a school other than their "home school" - the school assigned based on the parent/guardian's legal address of residence.
If you wish to attend your home school, then simply enroll at that school with all the necessary paperwork. Your new school will arrange for an exchange of records from the previous school.
Not sure which school is your "home school"?
New to the district or to your neighborhood school?
You may register your child at your home school at any time by going to the school office. Check your school website for office hours.
ODE Definitions. As used in this rule:
- “ADM" means the average daily membership as defined in ORS 327.006.
- "Emergency to protect the health, safety or welfare of the student" includes but is not limited to sexual assault, threats against a student's life, or threats of imminent harm.
- "Hardship" means any of the following:
- The student is impacted by a parent or guardian's military deployment;
- The student is experiencing instability related to homelessness or foster care placement;
- The student has a documented medical condition that necessitates transfer;
- Death of a student's parent;
- The student does not have access to safe and affordable childcare in the resident district; or
- The student is involved in a documented case of severe harassment, intimidation, bullying or cyberbullying.
The in-district transfer process applies to Forest Grove School District residents only who wish to apply to schools within the Forest Grove School District. All resident students need to be enrolled in the Forest Grove School District before submitting a transfer request. Please make sure your student is enrolled in their home school before the request is submitted to the school you wish your student to attend.
Any requests submitted for incoming kindergarteners may be held for consideration until school starts.
Forest Grove Community School is a charter school in the Forest Grove School District. Charter schools are public schools that receive public funds under a written agreement, or charter, that outlines student performance goals and educational services that the charter school will provide. Charter schools are independent legal entities governed by their own board of directors, and they have their own admission procedures.
Forest Grove Community School Website