School Based Health Center
Adolescents are reported to have the lowest access to health care of any age group and they are the least likely to seek care through a traditional doctor's office. The goal of the School-Based Health Center (SBHC) is to serve student health needs by providing a quality comprehensive health care facility located conveniently at Forest Grove High School that is open to all students of the Forest Grove, Banks, and Gaston School Districts!
The SBHC provides comprehensive physical, mental and preventative health services, such as:
• Physical exams
• Sports physicals
• Urgent care
• Diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illness
• Specialist referrals
• Dental screenings
• Mental health therapy
• Substance abuse screenings
• IEP support
• LGBTQ+ safe zone
Larissa Whalen Garfias
Questions & Answers
- Any student living in the district can access services at our SBHCs
- Each SBHC has a primary care provider (PCP), mental health therapist, medical assistant, and receptionist.
- Students do not need insurance to get care at any of our SBHCs. We accept most insurance plans, including Oregon Health Plan (OHP), but students who do not have insurance are welcome. We do not turn anyway away for inability to pay.
- We prefer students make an appointment, but walk-ins are welcome and may be seen if there is time.