Navigating mental health resources in the community can be complex and challenging, we recognize this and aim to help students and families connect with the supports they need.
Forest Grove School District Mental Health Care Coordinators are Masters level mental health professionals who work to connect students and families with meaningful mental health services. Forest Grove has a designated care coordinator for grades K-8, as well as one for grades 9-12.
Who can be referred to a Mental Health Care Coordinator?
How can my student/family be referred to a Care Coordinator?
What happens after a referral is made?
- Meet. Care Coordinators meet with student and/or parents/guardians at the school or in the community to better understand the needs of the student. If it is more convenient, the Care Coordinator can schedule a phone meeting or exchange information via email.
- Recommendations. Based on the needs of the family, the Care Coordinator offers recommendations for mental health services in the community based on health insurance. Care Coordinators have expertise in all insurances and Medicaid, including options for those who are uninsured.
- Best fit. Care coordinators help find a therapist who is the "best fit" for the student/family, taking into consideration the needs, age of student, medical insurance, cultural considerations, language, location, etc.
- Other resources. Depending on the interests/needs of the family, Care Coordinators can help connect with support groups, parenting classes, and community support systems.
What are the other roles of a Care Coordinator in the district?
- School support teams. Care Coordinators sit on school based teams and consult regarding students with attendance, behavioral, or social emotional needs.
- Flight team support. Care Coordinators participate with other counselors and mental health professionals as a team that provides grief support in the event of a death of a student or staff member.
- Suicide prevention. Care coordinators support the suicide prevention efforts of Forest Grove School District.