Behavioral Health and Wellness
Forest Grove School District recognizes the importance of Behavioral Health and Wellness throughout the district maxims of We Care Deeply, We Stand Strong, and We Adapt and Grow. Forest Grove aims to create a system of Behavioral Health and Wellness that meets the needs of all students.
Behavioral Health and Wellness Guiding Mission
Our mission is to provide consistent, equitable, and evidence based practices designed to be proactive and sustainable within a comprehensive system of behavioral health and wellness for all students.
Behavioral Health and Wellness Guiding Principles
- Inclusive, engagement, and relationship focused environments are essential
- Academic success is dependent upon a student's ability to feel safe and empowered
- All students will experience growth
- All behavior is communication
- All behavior makes sense given context and culture
- Academic and social behaviors are learned and strengthened through explicit and engaging instructional strategies
- Positive behavioral, social emotional, and academic outcomes are achieved through consistent shared expectations and practices
District Behavioral Health and Wellness Coordinator