Three female students smiling at the camera in the lunch room
Human Resources » Licensed Employee Resources

Licensed Employee Resources

Licensed Employees Agreement

Staff Handbook

Insurance Benefits

Medical, dental and vision insurance is offered to licensed employees working at least .50 FTE.

OEBB Open Enrollment

Open enrollment is mandatory for the 2023-2024 plan year.  This means that you must re-enroll in  medical, dental and/or vision plans during open enrollment which begins August 15, 2023 and ends September 10, 2023.
Please note:  If the medical plan you choose is associated with a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) you will want to fill out the appropriate HRA paperwork to qualify for reimbursement from Diversified Benefit Services, Inc (DBS) when you have met the deductible (see information below if you have questions about what an HRA is). 



NEW! Online Plan Comparison Tool

Customize to see only the plans and benefits you care about. 


Open Enrollment Assistance -- If you need more information about the open enrollment process, go to or call OEBB at 1-888-469-6322, Monday – Friday 7:00AM – 6:00PM.


Insurance Cap

Full time - The amount the district will pay toward insurance premiums (insurance cap) is $1,495.00 per month for 1.0 FTE licensed employees for the 2023-2024 plan year.  The Forest Grove Education Association (FGEA) will continue to pay up to $105.00 per month for 1.0 FTE licensed employees.  The total of the insurance cap and FGEA contribution is $1,600.00 per month for the 2023-2024 plan year.
Part time - The insurance cap and FGEA contributions listed above will be pro-rated for licensed employees employed between .50 FTE and full time. 

Opt Out Stipend

A licensed employee may receive an "opt out" stipend of $375.00 per month, or a prorated amount if working between .50 FTE and fulltime, if covered by another group medical plan (not an Individual Marketplace Plan, Oregon Health Plan, Medicaid or a Student Health Insurance Plan) and declines dental and vision insurance.  
Steps needed to obtain an Opt Out Stipend:
      1. Opt out of medical insurance in MyOEBB (you will need to enter information about your group medical coverage)
      2. Decline dental and vision insurance in MyOEBB
      3. You may enroll in or continue your enrollment in optional (voluntary) insurance(s)
      4. Complete an OPT OUT form and submit it to the payroll office by September 10, 2023.

Insurance Rates & Plan Summaries

2023-2024 plan year (begins October 1, 2023)

Optional (voluntary) Insurance

Optional (voluntary) insurance such as Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, Group Life insurance, Short Term Disability (voluntary) insurance and Long Term Care insurance are offered to all licensed employees.  The cost of any optional (voluntary) insurance is the responsibility of the employee.  
For information regarding optional insurance plans, please visit OEBB's website
* An employee electing to not enroll in optional (voluntary) Short Term Disability when initially eligible (when hired) will be subject to a late enrollment penalty upon enrollment.  This means that if you file a claim for any condition other than an accidental injury during the first 12 months your coverage is effective, Short Term Disability benefits will not become payable until after you have been continuously disabled for 60 days and remain disabled.

Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) Information

HRA Office Hours
Submit claims to:
Diversified Benefit Services, Inc (DBS)

Health Savings Account (HSA) Information

The information below is for the Health Savings Account (HSA) that accompanies Kaiser Medical Plan 3.
For assistance with your HSA account, please contact:
Diversified Benefit Services, Inc (DBS)


Flexible Spending Accounts

You may enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) during open enrollment.  If you don't re-enroll during open enrollment, existing flexible spending accounts will end September 30th.  
For additional information please contact:
Diversified Benefit Servies, Inc (DBS)
Flexible Spending Account Annual Maximums per plan year:
Medical $3,050
Dependent $5,000
403(b) Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA)
403(b) Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA) plans generally serve as a voluntary retirement savings designed to supplement retirement benefits available from State pension plans and Social Security. Go to the Carruth Compliance Consulting website for more information.
How do I set up a 403(b) account?
Review the approved vendor list and contact a financial planner or the vendor directly to set up a 403(b) Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA), or 403(b) Roth Account. Once the account is active, submit a Salary Reduction Agreement to the payroll office to begin monthly contributions from your paycheck.
How can I make a change to an existing 403(b) contribution amount?
If you would like to make a change to an existing deduction, please complete a Salary Reduction Agreement and forward it to the payroll office.