Behavioral Health and Wellness
The vision of FGSD is that all students, with the support of the whole community, will experience social, emotional and behavioral growth toward success in college, career, and citizenship.
Our mission is to provide consistent, equitable, and evidence based practices designed to be proactive and sustainable within a comprehensive system of social, emotional, and behavioral support for all students.
Behavioral Support Guiding principles
- Inclusive, engaging, and relationship focused environments are essential
- Academic success is dependent upon a student’s ability to feel safe and empowered
- All students will experience growth
- All behavior is communication
- All behavior makes sense given context and culture
- Academic and social behaviors are learned and strengthened through explicit and engaging instructional strategies.
- Positive behavior and academic outcomes are achieved through consistent shared expectations and practices.