Our “Distance Learning for All” starts April 13th and will run through the end of the school year -- June 12th. Forest Grove School District staff has been hard at work preparing resources for this new initiative. Over the last two weeks, teachers have been connecting with students and families, collaborating with their teams and preparing to move forward for the remainder of the school year.
Teachers will be connecting with students digitally through Google Classroom and through email. You are also able to pick up paper packets at your student’s school. You should have received building specific instructions on how this is being done from your building principal.
Additional information and schedules have been communicated with students and families. They can also be found below.
Pre-Kindergarten through 4th
5th and 6th Grade -- Tom McCall Upper Elementary
TMUE Distance Learning Agreements & Daily Schedule (M-F)
Please continue to prioritize relationships and daily communication with students & families
8:00-10:00 Distance Learning
- Daily Math- 30 minutes instruction from Classroom Teacher
- Daily ELA- 30 minutes instruction from Classroom Teacher
- Weekly- 20 minutes of instruction from Specialists:
- Monday: Music- 20 min.
- Tuesday: Science- 20 min.
- Wednesday: Guidance Lessons- 20 min.
- Thursday: PE- 20 min.
- Friday: Social Studies- 20 min.
- Weekly ELD- 30 min. Lesson from ELD Teachers
- Students may complete assignments within this time frame or afternoon.
- Teachers may also use part of this time for lesson planning.
- All lessons must be recorded and posted by 8:00 am
10:00-12:00 Nutrition & Wellness
- Time for lunches to be served and students to get exercise (nothing else scheduled during this time)
12:00-3:00 Classroom Meetings & Teacher Office Hours
- Classroom meetings in the window of 12:00-3:00
- 12:30-3:00 is the window for daily office hours:
- Classroom teachers- 60min. (30 min. For both am/pm classes)
- PE/Music- 30 min.
- SPED/ Title/ ELD- 30 min.
- Counselors- 30 min.
3:00-5:00 CLC Activities
Key Elements of Distance Learning:
- Every student regularly connects with their teacher(s).
- Teachers and students prioritize time together to focus on the most important or relevant learning.
- Teachers, families, and caregivers work as a team, anchored in partnership.
- Teachers continue to monitor, report and record each student’s progress towards learning goals and standards.
9th-12th Grade -- Daily Schedule for Distance Learning
Teacher-led instruction will occur in the afternoons from 12:30-3:30. All materials will be online and teachers will communicate to students how to access their classes. Work will be graded at this time for High School credit. Students who cannot make these times, will have the ability to access lessons on their own time. It is extremely important for students and parents/guardians to check their emails regularly for important updates.
DAILY SCHEDULE FOR DISTANCE LEARNING
Mondays and Thursdays are A day classes (1-4)
Tuesdays and Fridays are B day classes (5-8)
Wellness Wednesdays-- Check In Days (Advisory teachers will call or email students), student independent work time or time to get clarification from teachers on classes.
A Day-- Mondays/Thursdays
Block 1 12:30-1:00
Block 2 1:15-1:45
Block 3 2:00-2:30
Block 4 2:45-3:15
B Day-- Tuesdays/Fridays
Block 5 12:30-1:00
Block 6 1:15-1:45
Block 7 2:00-2:30
Block 8 2:45-3:15