Female student on swing
Office of the Superintendent » Enroll and Transfer

Enroll and Transfer



Register your child at your home school at any time by going to the school office. Check your school website for office hours.


Inter-district Transfers

The Forest Grove School District Board of Directors voted at the April 23, 2018 board meeting not to participate in the inter-district transfer process for the 2018-2019 school year. March 1-31st is the Open Enrollment transfer window as outlined in law, please look again in February of 2019 for another opportunity to apply. The district will consider hardship requests on an individual basis as outlined in OAR 581-021-0019. You may check Oregon Department of Education’s website for hardship definitions.

In-District Transfers 

Resident students need to be enrolled in the Forest Grove School District before submitting a transfer request.

The request window occurs annually April through May. Please fill out the form and return to the school you wish your student to attend.  Every attempt will be made to notify families about the status of their request prior to August 15th.  However, some schools may not be able to act on requests until after that due date when they have a better idea of their resident student enrollment.

Any requests submitted for incoming kindergarteners may be held for consideration until school starts.


Open Enrollment - House Bill 3681

The Open Enrollment (House Bill 3681) law sunsets on July 1, 2019.  The 2018-19 school year was the last year for students to transfer under this law.  If the legislature takes any action to amend the bill we will post that updated information.